Bachelor of Science in Economics (Hons)
BSC. ECONOMICS (HONS): PROGRAM DETAILS
In 2015, this programme received accreditation from the ASEAN University Network Quality Assurance (AUN-QA).
Academic Guide for Undergraduate Programmes
February / September 2021 Intake
School of Economics, Finance & Banking (SEFB)
Accredited by MQA & AUN-QA
February / September
8 Semesters (4 Years)
Offered by campus:
*The stated fees are estimation on overall completion of the program. In any cases where there are credit exemptions, offered rebates or approval of scholarship applications, there will be considerable reduction in the fees.
- Incepted in 1984, Bachelor of Science in Economics with Honours [BSc. Economics (Hons)] is one of the earliest programmes offered in Universiti Utara Malaysia. With the aims to build strong transferable skills in relevant quantitative methods and statistical techniques, the programme is supported by modules that provide students with understanding to deal with and organise data in the scientific way. Due to this scientifically approach, the programme name was changed to Bachelor of Science in Economics with Honours [BSc. Economics (Hons)] in 2011. The programme has produced graduates who are currently working in various sectors including banking, import-export, education, government, the tourism, health and insurance.
- In 2015, this programme received accreditation from the ASEAN University Network Quality Assurance (AUN-QA).
- The programme structure contains minor, in which student can choose ONE of the following minors: Accounting, Finance, Public Management, and International Affairs Management.
The School aspires to develop students as:
- Graduates who are competent in applying economics and other relevant knowledge and skills in exercising their leadership roles.
- Graduates who possess the ability to think critically, and communicate and collaborate effectively.
- Graduates who act ethically and professionally, possess entrepreneurial capability and pursue continuous professional development through lifelong learning.
|PLO1||To explain the concepts and theories related to economics.|
|PLO2||To apply the concepts, tools, and techniques of economics.|
|PLO3||To demonstrate interaction skills with society and stakeholders.|
|PLO4||To satisfy the relevant professional ethical code of conduct.|
|PLO5||To communicate effectively in oral and writing, possess leadership skills and be able to work in groups at any levels.|
|PLO6||To analyse critically for effective decision making.|
|PLO7||To utilise economic knowledge and ICT skills for lifelong learning process.|
|PLO8||To demonstrate managerial skills and entrepreneurial thrust.|
In order to be conferred with a Bachelor of Science in Economics with Honours degree, a student must take and pass a minimum of 132 credits.
Bachelor of Bachelor of Science in Economics with Honours programme consists of SIX (6) components as follows:
A. University Core
B. Program Core
C. Language Component
D. Program Elective
Total Credit Hours
PACE UUM Facebook
General Admission Requirements
- Gred C (NGMP 2.00) mata pelajaran Pengajian Am
- Gred C (NGMP 2.00) dalam dua (2) mata pelajaran lain
• PNGK Akademik sekurang-kurangnya 2.00
• PNGK Vokasional sekurang-kurangnya 2.67
• Kompeten semua modul vokasional