The Bachelor of Tourism Management with Honours
BTM (HONS): PROGRAM DETAILS
The Bachelor of Tourism Management degree emphasises on management aspects that allow the university to produce graduates who are not only knowledgeable in the tourism sector alone but also have the expertise and skills in various aspects of tourism management and organizational leadership. In addition, students also get exposure in a variety of knowledge such:
- MICE Management
- Event Management
- Tour Operation Management
- Sport Tourism
- Heritage Resource Management
- Recreation Management
- Tourism Transportation
Academic Guide for Undergraduate Programmes
February / September 2021 Intake
School of Tourism, Hospitality and Event Management (STHEM)
Accredited by MQA
February / September
8 Semesters (4 Years)
Offered by campus:
*The stated fees are estimation on overall completion of the program. In any cases where there are credit exemptions, offered rebates or approval of scholarship applications, there will be considerable reduction in the fees.
- Identify the fundamental knowledge of tourism management, covering all aspects of the industry.
- Apply knowledge and skills of tourism-related theories, concepts and operations in real job settings.
- Apply thinking and scientific skills in problem-solving that relate with others at work and in the community.
- Communicate effectively through all modes and function in culturally diverse, gender- diverse and multi-disciplinary teams.
- Exhibit social skills, accept accountability, and assume responsibility in the work environment and society.
- Participate in lifelong learning, career advancement activities, and keep up-to-date with knowledge and issues of ICT.
- Identify, plan and execute commercially viable projects related to the tourism industry.
- Perform duties and responsibilities in professional and ethical manner.
- Exhibit leadership qualities at work and in the society.
|PLO1||Acquire knowledge of tourism management, covering all aspects of the industry.|
|PLO2||Apply technical and practical skills of tourism related theories, concepts and operations in a real job setting.|
|PLO3||Apply thinking and scientific skills approach in problem solving, relating with others at work and in the communities.|
|PLO4||Communicate effectively through all modes, orally, graphically and in writing, and function in culturally diverse, gender-diverse and multi-disciplinary teams.|
|PLO5||Exhibit social skills, accept accountability, and assume responsibility in the work environment and society.|
|PLO6||Perform duties and responsibilities in professional and ethical manner.|
|PLO7||Participate in lifelong learning, career advancement activities, and keep up-to-date with knowledge and issues of ICT.|
|PLO8||Identify, plan and execute commercial viable projects related to the tourism industry.|
|PLO9||Realize and exhibit leadership responsibilities at work and in the society.|
In order to be conferred with a Bachelor of Tourism Management with Honours degree, a student must take and pass a minimum of 135 credit hours.
Bachelor of Bachelor of Science in Economics with Honours programme consists of FIVE (5) components as follows:
A. University Core
B. Program Core
D. Program Elective
E. Free Elective
Total Credit Hours
PACE UUM Facebook
General Admission Requirements
- Gred C (NGMP 2.00) mata pelajaran Pengajian Am
- Gred C (NGMP 2.00) dalam dua (2) mata pelajaran lain
• PNGK Akademik sekurang-kurangnya 2.00
• PNGK Vokasional sekurang-kurangnya 2.67
• Kompeten semua modul vokasional