Bachelor of Event Management (Hons)
BEM (HONS): PROGRAM DETAILS
Academic Guide for Undergraduate Programmes
February / September 2021 Intake
School of Tourism, Hospitality and Event Management (STHEM)
Accredited by MQA
February / September
8 Semesters (4 Years)
Offered by campus:
*The stated fees are estimation on overall completion of the program. In any cases where there are credit exemptions, offered rebates or approval of scholarship applications, there will be considerable reduction in the fees.
- Introduction to Event
- Event Marketing
- Sociological Aspects of Event Management
- Event Risk Management
- MICE Management
- Tourism and Hospitality Research
- Event Administration and Coordination
- Event Operation and Logistics
- Business Law and Ethics in Event
- Contemporary Issues in Event Management
- Human Resource Management in Tourism and Hospitality
- Acquire the fundamentals of event management, covering all aspects of the industry.
- Apply knowledge and skills using event related theories, concepts and operations in real job setting.
- Communicate effectively through all modes, such as oral presentations and in writing.
- Perform well in culturally diverse, gender-diverse and multi-disciplinary teams.
- Exhibit social skills, accept accountability, and assume responsibility in the work environment and society.
- Participate in lifelong learning, career advancement activities, and keep up-to- date with knowledge and issues of ICT.
- Identify, plan and execute commercially viable projects related to the event industry.
- Perform duties and responsibilities in a professional and ethical manner.
- Exhibit leadership capabilities at work and in the society.
To be awarded a Bachelor of Event Management with Honours degree, a student is required to take and pass a minimum of 133 credit hours.
Bachelor of Event Management with Honours [BEM (Hons)] consists of FIVE (5) components as follows:
A. University Core
B. Program Core
D. Programme Elective
E. Free Elective
Total Credit Hours
PACE UUM Facebook
General Admission Requirements
- Gred C (NGMP 2.00) mata pelajaran Pengajian Am
- Gred C (NGMP 2.00) dalam dua (2) mata pelajaran lain
• PNGK Akademik sekurang-kurangnya 2.00
• PNGK Vokasional sekurang-kurangnya 2.67
• Kompeten semua modul vokasional